Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lesser of two, metophorical food evils...

I resisted Taco Bell. Haven't been there in months, which is really saying something for me. Instead, I went to the grocery store and bought the ingredients for cucumber chutney, which is a fabulous yogurt-based salad containing all sorts of great veggies.

All the veggies are fresh and raw, and the yogurt is fat-free. It does call for half a cup of buttermilk, but that's only 50 calories. The real kicker? Tons of salt....at least when I make it. It's rather bland without it.

Anyhow, I was super excited about my (mostly) healthy lunch and then two things happened.
A: I passed through the frozen appetizer aisle...FAIL. Now, 600 calories and 10 cheese wontons later, I'm wondering why I didn't avoid the aisle altogether.
B: I read an article (after making my chutney, mind you) about just how bad salt REALLY is for your body, and especially for one trying to lose weight.

But what can I do now? I can only move forward. On the agenda for today:
Drink at least 3 more bottles of water to balance my insides.
Dance for 30 minutes.

I'll let you all know how it goes....keep fighting the good fight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment